Rukin Hyland is an acknowledged leader in the fight for workers’ rights in court and arbitration. We represent women subject to discriminatory pay practices or victimized by sexual harassment in the workplace, defend the rights of employee-whistleblowers, fight to recover wages on behalf of workers in California and nationwide, and advise employees targeted by a range of other unlawful workplace practices. If you think you were treated unfairly at work or have questions about one of the practices areas below (or any other area of employment law) contact us for a free consultation.
- Unlawful Wage and Break Practices – for example, unpaid overtime, forced off-the-clock work, unlawful wage deductions, meal and rest break violations, minimum wage violations, unlawful wage statements, and commission pay plan violations.
- Employee Misclassification, including independent contractor misclassification
- Sexual Harassment
- Equal Pay
- Workplace Discrimination, including pregnancy, gender, and race discrimination
- Pregnancy/Family and Medical Leave
- Unpaid Regular and Overtime Wages
- Unreimbursed Expenses
- Unlawful Employment Background Checks
What makes us different? We take the time and care to explore the best course of action with the employees we represent—at the outset of the relationship and all along the way. And we have the skill, tenacity, and resources to prosecute our clients’ claims effectively. We are recognized for the cases we have litigated on behalf of classes of workers under federal and state wage and hour laws, including the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the California Labor Code and Wage Orders. We have recovered over $100,000,000 for clients and class members in California and across the country and regularly represent individual employees in high stakes employment litigation and arbitration. But don’t take our word for it. Explore the kinds of cases our lawyers are handling now, and see what past and current clients have to say about us.