Rukin Hyland advises and represents executives and professionals in connection with a wide range of critical and time-sensitive employment law issues, including the negotiation, interpretation, and enforcement of employment contracts.
An employment contract offers important protections to an employee. Without an employment contract, any employee is subject to termination without cause and without any guarantee of severance pay. The employment lawyers at Rukin Hyland have helped many executives, professionals, and other employees negotiate favorable employment contracts and other agreements dealing with such issues as:
- Terms of hire and term of employment
- Change in Control and Severance agreements outlining the pay and benefits an employee will be entitled to upon change in control, termination, or layoff
- Non-solicitation agreements and non-compete agreements
- Expat agreements
- Confidential information agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Compensation agreements establishing salary, bonuses, incentive pay, and other benefits
- Health insurance, vacation time, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, and other insurance benefits
- Retirement, stock options, and pension provisions
Experience Working with Multinational Companies
We have particular experience in advising clients on cross-border employment issues (including expat agreements and independent contractor agreements) affecting operations in various countries around the globe, including in North America, Europe and Asia.
We approach each transaction with an eye toward developing a strategy that works best based on the client’s individual needs. In certain circumstances, we play a behind-the-scenes role, while at other times we are directly involved in negotiations with the employer’s counsel. Some disputes require a heavy hand; others a soft touch. We bring to our practice the sophistication to know the difference and the skills to employ both effectively.
Please contact us if you would like to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss your employment contract or for more information about our employee counseling practice.