San Francisco Employee Rights Lawyers
Workers’ Rights Representation
Rukin Hyland & Riggin LLP is an acknowledged leader in the fight for employee’s rights in court and arbitration. We fight to recover wages on behalf of workers in California and nationwide, represent women subject to discriminatory pay practices or victimized by sexual harassment in the workplace, defend the rights of employee whistleblowers, and advise employees targeted by a range of other unlawful workplace practices.
What makes us different?
Here at Rukin Hyland & Riggin LLP, we take the time and care to explore the best course of action with the employees we represent—at the outset of the relationship and all along the way. We approach each transaction with an eye toward developing a strategy that works best based on the client’s individual needs. And we have the skill, tenacity, and resources to prosecute our clients’ claims effectively.
We are recognized for the cases we have litigated on behalf of classes of workers under federal and state wage and hour laws, including the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the California Labor Code and Wage Orders. We have recovered over $100,000,000 for clients and class members in California and across the country and regularly represent individual employees in high-stakes employment litigation and arbitration. But don’t just take our word for it, see what past and current clients have to say about us!
Know Your Rights
Take a look at the array of workers’ rights that you are entitled to and get detailed answers to all of your questions about employee rights from our knowledgeable employment attorneys.
- Employee Misclassification, including independent contractor misclassification
- Sexual Harassment
- Equal Pay
- Discrimination, including pregnancy, gender, and race discrimination
- Pregnancy/Family and Medical Leave
- Unlawful Employment Background Checks
- Unpaid Regular and Overtime Wages
- Unreimbursed Expenses
- Unlawful Wage and Break Practices – for example, unpaid overtime, forced off-the-clock work, unlawful wage deductions, meal and rest break violations, minimum wage violations, unlawful wage statements, and commission pay plan violations
In addition to advocating for these different types of workers rights, we also advise employees on the negotiation, interpretation, and enforcement of employment contracts.
The employment lawyers at Rukin Hyland & Riggin LLP have helped many clients negotiate favorable employment contracts and other agreements dealing with such issues as:
- Terms of hire and term of employment
- Change in Control and Severance Agreements outlining the pay and benefits an employee will be entitled to upon change in control, termination, or layoff
- Non-solicitation agreements and non-compete agreements
- Expat agreements
- Confidential information agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Compensation agreements establishing salary, bonuses, incentive pay, and other benefits
- Health insurance, vacation time, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, and other insurance benefits
- Retirement, stock options, and pension provisions
Contact our Employee Rights Lawyers
If you think you were treated unfairly at work or have questions about one of the practices areas above or any other area of employment law, contact us now for a free consultation.