San Francisco Consumer Fraud Whistleblower Attorney
Consumer Fraud Whistleblowing
The attorneys at Rukin Hyland & Riggin LLP represent employees who are blowing the whistle on employers for consumer fraud. Most often, these employees are those responsible for the administration of contracts and internal policies.
Our San Francisco consumer fraud lawyers frequently work with executives and managers as well as other employees. Our goal remains the same regardless of the employee’s role with the company—to help employees seek the protections available to them as whistleblowers under qui tam law.
Credit card companies, cell phone companies, insurance companies, banks, and other industries serving the public are required to treat their customers fairly, as defined by consumer protection laws. Firms providing guidance to consumers such as real estate brokers, accountants, and insurance agents have a responsibility to act in the best interest of their clients.
Types of Consumer Fraud
Unfortunately, unscrupulous corporations and individual employees sometimes attempt to circumvent consumer protection laws. Some examples of consumer fraud include:
- Charging extra, unnecessary fees
- Charging unscrupulously high interest rates
- Putting time limits on gift certificates
- Failing to provide services paid for
- Charging full price for services not fully performed
- Failing to disclose material information
- Arbitrarily charging different fees based on race, national origin, gender, or other personal characteristics
Contact a Consumer Fraud Whistleblower Lawyer
Employees who report consumer fraud are protected from termination or retaliation by law. They are also entitled to a portion of any money recovered. For more information, contact Rukin Hyland & Riggin LLP today for a free consultation.